2/10/2007

Mystical Yellow form fields

I was surprised to see the fields in one of my web page turning yellow. Itz Google, The Witch here...!

There is an 'AutoFill' option on the Google Toolbar (switched on by default), that will 'helpfully' highlight form fields with certain names such as 'email' or 'name'. The only thing is, I don't think that's particularly helpful. No software program can possibly know what are the most important fields to draw to a users attention. As the designer, I should choose how to best highlight areas and what methods I use to attract users to areas that I think are important. I certainly don't want an automated tool messing up a carefully thought out design.

Read more on http://www.htmldog.com/ptg/archives/000017.php

No comments:

Tired of seeing that 500 Bad gateway error while deploying a Springboot application in AWS...?

By default, Spring Boot applications will listen on port 8080. Elastic Beanstalk assumes that the application will listen on port 5000. Th...